Celery root is one of my new favorite veggies to play with. This dish could be a nice light lunch or make a great side salad. The dressing is so creamy and delicious. The key for hitting this dish out of the park is slicing the celery root really thinly, invest in a mandoline or a really sharp knife to ensure you get thin strips.
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup dairy-free yogurt (my favorite is So Delicious with coconut milk)
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP chopped chives
- 1 TBSP chopped parsley
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1/4 TSP pepper
- pinch of organic cane sugar
- 1 large celery root (cleaned, peeled)
- 3 ribs of celery, sliced
How to Make (serves 4):
- Whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, chives, parsley, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Using mandoline or sharp knife slice celery root as thinly as possible. Toss with dressing and let sit for 10 min to soften, toss occasionally.
- While celery root sits, coarsely chop walnuts.
- Add celery to dish and toss together, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with walnuts on top.